TITAN ATHLETE CODE OF CONDUCT
Athlete membership in the Tucson Titan Lacrosse Club is a privilege, not a right. All Titan Athletes must agree to conduct themselves in a sportsmanlike manner, and are responsible for their actions while attending or participating in all Titan activities (including but not limited to practices, competitions, and tournaments).
Sportsmanlike conduct is defined as, but is not limited to: respect for competition officials, any and all recreation district employees, and the general public, respect for facilities, privileges and operating procedures, the use of courtesy and good manners, acting responsibly and maturely, refraining from the use of profane or abusive language, and complete abstinence from use of alcohol and use of illegal or banned drugs.
AS A VVLC ATHLETE, I WILL ABIDE BY THE FOLLOWING STANDARDS OF CONDUCT:
1. As a Titan Athlete, I shall be subject to the rules and regulations of the United States Lacrosse National Governing Body Bylaws, the United States Olympic Committee Bylaws, and the Titan Bylaws.
2. As a Titan Athlete, I shall conduct myself at all times and in all places as befits worthy representatives of the United States of America, the United States Olympic Committee, US Lacrosse, their region, division, state or club and in accordance with the best traditions of local, national and international competition.
3. As a Titan Athlete, I am responsible for knowledge of and adherence to competition rules and procedures. I am also responsible for knowledge of and adherence to the rules and procedures of the US Lacrosse, Arizona Youth Lacrosse and Titan sanctioned tournaments, events or other projects when participating in them.
4. As a Titan Athlete, I shall maintain high standards of moral and ethical conduct, which includes self-control and responsible behavior, consideration for the physical and emotional wellbeing of others, and courtesy and good manners at all times.
5. Titan takes bullying very seriously and it will not be tolerated at any time engaged or associated with team events, but also interactions away from the team event environment (school, neighborhood, etc). As a Titan athlete and a representative of Tucson Titan Lacrosse, I will not engage in such behavior at any time and any place.
7. As a Titan Athlete, I will use common sense with my choice of language and behavior. I will not use any profane or abusive language or disruptive behavior at anytime, anywhere.
I understand that as a Titan Athlete that I am subject to these rules and regulations as outlined in this code of conduct. I also know that failure to comply with any of the above rules may lead to investigation and disciplinary action by the appropriate Titan coach or Executive Director.
Disciplinary action may include, but is not limited to:
- Immediate removal from the practice or competition environment.
- Suspension from training and/or competition as.
- Elimination of coaching, travel, and other benefits.
- Revocation of Tucson Titan membership with no refund.
PLEASE MEMORIZE THIS PHRASE:
(Parents – this is a good refrigerator quote!)
“I am an athlete with the Tucson Titan Lacrosse Club. I’m a representative of the sport of Lacrosse and my local community. Because of this, I will always choose to treat everyone with kindness, courtesy and exhibit the values of good sportsmanship at all times in all situations. I will always support my teammates and treat all opposing players with respect at all times, regardless of whether they reciprocate. By exhibiting this behavior, I will honor my team, my club, my community and myself.”
TITAN PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT
In becoming members of the Titan community, our membership assumes certain obligations and responsibilities to the sport and its participants. Titan Parents pledge to conduct themselves in a manner that "Honors the Sport" and demonstrates respect to athletes, coaches, officials, public and fellow parents. The essential elements in this "Code of Conduct" are:
HONESTY, INTEGRITY, and EXEMPLARY BEHAVIOR.
Parents who conduct themselves in a manner that reflects these principles will bring credit to the Titan community, their athletes and themselves. It is only through such conduct that our sports can earn and maintain a positive image and make their full contribution to Lacrosse in the United States and around the world.
Titan Lacrosse supports the following behaviors for those participating or involved in any way with Titan lacrosse, USL and CYL training and events:
Titan Parents shall maintain high standards of moral and ethical conduct, which includes self-control and responsible behavior, consideration for the physical and emotional wellbeing of others, courtesy and good manners.
The emphasis on winning should never be placed above the value of good sportsmanship, the concepts of good, positive behavior or the skills and respect of the sport.
Titan Parents will respect and support the Titan Coaching Staff and Volunteers by communicating in an appropriate manner at only appropriate times that do not interfere with the training or competition of the Titan athletes. Respect for the coach’s personal time will be of utmost priority in regards to meetings, phone calls or emails.
Titan Parents are always welcome to utilize positive encouragement with their athletes through voice, as long as it is at an appropriate volume and intensity level so as not to disturb or distract any other athletes, coaches, officials and parents in training or competition at any time.
Titan Parents, like Coaches, must always be aware of the tremendous influence they have on their athletes. They should always strive to be positive role models in dealing with young people, as well as with adults. Win or lose, Titan Parents will support their athlete with positive encouragement at all times.
Titan Parents that are around the training or competition environment must always practice good behavior and never criticize, badger, harass, or threaten any athlete, coach, official or program. If this should occur, the offending Titan member will be spoken to and given a first warning and the incident documented by the Titan Staff. If there is a need for a second warning, Local Law Enforcement will be contacted, the individual’s membership will be reviewed and possibly revoked with no refund by Titan Lacrosse.
Rules knowledge of one’s sport must be respected and adhered to by all who participate, both in the letter and the spirit of the sport. Attempts by Parents to manipulate rules in an effort to take unfair advantage of an oversight, or to teach deliberate unsportsmanlike conduct, is considered unacceptable. If this circumstance occurs, the individual’s membership will be reviewed and possibly revoked with no refund by Tucson Titan Lacrosse.
Tucson Titan Lacrosse as an organization holds itself to a sport-leading standard of conduct at all times. Therefore, Parents are expected to conduct themselves at this higher standard in support Titan’s core values of Character, Respect and Dedication. We ask that this take place not only in the realm of sport but in the community as well.